01 Aug Nominate a colleague to receive the Superintendent Challenge Coin honor
Throughout the school year, Superintendent Dr. Jesus F. Jara honors employees who go above and beyond for students and/or colleagues, surprising them with a Challenge Coin.
Dr. Jara encourages employees to nominate a colleague by submitting an email to email@example.com. Provide the employee’s name and work location, and describe how he or she has gone the extra mile in making CCSD #1 for kids.
Those receiving the Superintendent Challenge Coins are in select company: last school year, Dr. Jara awarded only a handful of Challenge Coins to deserving Clark County School District employees.
Among those receiving Challenge Coins were:
- Employees who volunteered to stay late in February one day when Safekey programs were closed early because of inclement weather
- A kindergarten teacher recognized for her commitment and love of teaching while fighting chronic myeloid leukemia since 2009
- A bus driver for her amazing passion and dedication
- An Indian Springs teacher recognized for 40 years of service
- And a high school counselor for her indomitable efforts to boost student success