24 May CCSD and CCEA agreement ensures continued educator health benefits
District providing financial advance to support THT Health
LAS VEGAS – The Clark County School District (CCSD) and the Clark County Education Association (CCEA) have reached a tentative agreement that provides financial assistance to THT Health to ensure continued health coverage for licensed educators. As part of the memorandum of agreement (MOA), CCEA has agreed to provide additional transparency to CCSD regarding THT Health’s organizational management and financial situation.
“Our teachers deserve healthcare coverage they can rely on,” CCSD Board of School Trustees President Linda P. Cavazos said. “It is our hope that this agreement provides educators with stability and peace of mind as they work hard every day to educate our students.”
As part of the MOA, CCSD will allow THT Health to access up to three months of projected employer contribution payments as a pre-payment to address CCEA’s expressed imminent need of funds by THT Health. The prepayment is estimated at approximately $35 million.
“We must ensure that our employees have reliable, quality healthcare coverage,” said CCSD Superintendent Dr. Jesus F. Jara. “We will continue to work with CCEA to provide our hard-working educators with the healthcare coverage they have earned along with the transparency they deserve.”
While CCSD does not have any oversight of THT Health, CCEA has agreed the use of all funds to be spent exclusively on the continued operation of THT Health, including claims funding, establishing a Third Party Administrator and transfer costs, and other costs incurred to provide benefits to CCSD employees.
The Third Party Administrator to be selected for plan management must be the highest rated administrator with regard to the following criteria:
- Annual Premium cost
- Rate guarantee terms including length
- Match to current plan designs
- Experience and referrals within the State of Nevada
- Face to Face support offered
- Inclusion of fully insured Medical Advantage plans for Medicare-eligible employees
Additionally, CCEA has agreed to the following transparency measures:
- CCEA will provide copies of the financial statements of THT Health for the year 2020 as defined in Article 28-1-1 of the collective bargaining agreement
- CCEA will provide all of THT Health Board meeting minutes for the last 3 years
- CCEA will provide full transparency and disclosure of all known debts, assets, revenue, liabilities and quit notices of THT Health
- CCEA will provide full transparency and disclosure of all contracts establishing debts, assets, revenue and liabilities of THT Health
- CCEA will provide full transparency and disclosure of staff and executive compensation for the last 3 years of THT Health